OUR MOUSE HOUSE
Welcome to Granny Mouse Country House & Spa – a luxurious country hotel nestled in the heart of the KwaZulu Natal Midlands Meander, South Africa – at the foot of the World Heritage uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Mountains.
Our Mouse House offers the very best in opulent accommodation coupled with old-world charm and service, embedded into the ethos and foundations of this historic hotel. A truly “home away from home,” experience, our serene and picturesque location along the Lions River, combines country ambiance with modern comforts extending to our well-appointed rooms, restaurants, spa and venues.
Offering two restaurants, a glorious wine cellar, an on-site spa, wedding chapel and a large conference and wedding venue, award winning-cuisine and enviably garden setting, it’s hard not to fall in love with every visit.
Whether you’re looking for a homely family getaway, a romantic wedding or honeymoon destination, a professional conference facility or the ideal spot for any celebration, Granny Mouse Country House & Spa is the ideal location.
With more than 200 bird species and a range of local wildlife wondering the grounds and the willow-lined common located alongside the Lions River, relaxing with nature is easily achievable, and whether you wish to take a leisurely stroll towards the waterfall or to rejuvenate your body at the Spa, Granny Mouse Country House & Spa offers something for everyone.
For those wishing to explore the Midlands Meander, a range of activities are located nearby or can be arranged, including:
- A host of restaurants located within the Meander
- Stonehaven Day Tours of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg, Rock Art or a trip up Sani Pass
- Exploring the historical city of Pietermaritzburg
- Karkloof Canopy Tours
- Horse riding
- Hot-air ballooning
- Horse whispering
- Clay-pigeon shooting
- Sporting action such as: Schools rugby derbies, The Midmar Mile, Comrades Marathon, Dusi Canoe Marathon and Amashova National Classic Cycle Race.
- Hilton Arts Festival
- Drakensberg Boys Choir
Our facilities and services include:
- A Bistro restaurant
- A Fine Dining Restaurant (The Eaves)
- Wine cellar complimented by a Single Malt Bar
- Swimming pool
- Wedding venue
- Conference facilities
- Ample safe parking
- River walk
- Newspaper available on request
- Fax, photocopying, e-mail services and complimentary WIFI
- Major credit cards accepted